Friday, December 11, 2009

Women in the Military

I am in the active the Army right now as an Artilleryman. However, I have been able to do a wide range of jobs since I joined in 2001. I have worked in personnel administration, various military intellegence roles, as well as being on the frontlines during combat in Iraq. I have nothing against women and firmly believe they have an invaluable place in the military today. I also believe that one day women will serve on the frontlines next to men. The only thing about the whole scenario that concerns me is the fact that women should be held to the same standard as the men they are serving with. Throughout my vast experience in the military the saying "you are only as strong as your weakest link," holds very true. If a female can handle the same physical and mental stress a male combatant can, then more power to them. It's just all going to take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment